In a very morning sprint




poetry credit: Laura Bandila Goldberger


I am not afraid of anything.

I am calming my horses down.

Taking a trot around the neighborhood

To face the sun behind the trees.

Yesterday I stopped close to a man fixing the horizon.

I liked that man; he was calm as my horses are when they trust me.

I went away to glance at life as long as it still sleeps.

Rabbits and squirrels were chasing each other in a lazy, 

Long-winded steps

Before dashing in the bushes, they seemed to give me a contemptuous look.

It was five in the morning; still, I was thinking of Lorca, 

Only a lonely, universal poet 

Unlike me 

A las cinco de la maƱana

I love the musicality and the rhythm of the street.

I am not afraid of anything.

Besides the likelihood to be hit by a car

I can not see well from the footway.

And I stare through the windshield. 

To be sure, a good man holds the steering wheel.

Sometimes I can only see the color of his skin, 

Irrelevant, unimportant, inept

Nevertheless, my heart is beating a little bit faster, 

Nobody around, the street is clean and empty, 

The stores are closed.

My legs are ready to speed. I keep my breath. 

I am sure I am afraid of nothing until this car stopped. 

Letting me take the lead

I want nobody to know that I have doubts.

I cross

I run; I take another lap. 

A few frames change later.

I drink my coffee.

My thoughts are not alone anymore.

The world has come to life.

I can not touch it anymore.

It doesn't stay in a place.

It moves all over the globe.

Mouthing, yelling, screaming.

Shouting the death, crying the justice

Life wants to make her voice heard.

It does not have time for grief.

Life acts

Imprisoned in a kind of loneliness

And we?

We make use of too many harming words.

Please, let's calm our horses down!